Whether you decide to clean the gutters yourself or hire a professional to do it for you, one thing is certain: cleaning your gutters is a great idea. Apart from letting water to overflow during a heavy downpour, there are numerous problems that can be caused by blocked gutters, including cracked foundations, destroyed landscapes, flooded basements, and much more. Cleaning the gutters is a task that need to be carried out on a regularly basis.
Generally speaking, gutter cleaning in Melbourne is an undertaking that need to be performed either biannually or annually. This however depends on moderators such as the number of trees near your house, your climate, etc. Hiring a licensed gutter cleaning service makes the whole undertaking easier for everyone. On average, a homeowner can expect paying around $150.
Why have your gutters cleaned?
It is recommended that you let a professional to help clean your gutters since he has the required experience and hence can do a perfect job. This saves you the hassle of tackling the job yourself, and not forgetting the danger of falling of the ladder, and much more. Apart from this, by utilizing the services of a reputable gutter cleaning service, you can shield yourself from having to compensate for injuries that might occur when you hire inexperienced people to do the job on your behalf. Upon finding the right cleaning service, then the cost of having the gutters cleaned depend on multiple factors. These include:
• Gutter condition: For homeowners that haven’t had their gutters cleaned out in a while, the overall cost to have them clean is likely to increase. If there is a lot of debris or leaves to remove, then the job takes longer to complete, something that ends up increasing the overall costs. Gutter cleaning costs in this case will reflect the extra time.
• Size of your gutter: The square footage of your home often determines the overall cost of cleaning the gutters. Simply put, a homeowner with a large house can expect to pay more to have his gutters cleaned.
• House Height: Single-storied homes have the lowest costs when it comes to gutter cleaning. This means that the cost to have the gutters cleaned will increase with each story. For instance, if your home has two or more stories, then you can expect to be charged more to have the gutters cleaned out since this increases the risk and generally needs special equipment.
• Gutter extras: A number of professional gutter cleaning service providers will start by inspecting the gutters, then tightening the fasteners and resealing outlets and end caps, etc. Apart from this, the homeowner might chose to have gutter covers installed so that he or she can wait a bit longer between the cleanings. All these are referred to as extras and will increase the overall cost of cleaning your gutters. However, all these will end up saving everyone money in the long run.
• Downspout installation: Washing the downspouts is slightly more expensive than cleaning the gutters themselves, something that adds to the overall costs of gutter cleaning. This is an essential part of gutter cleaning since it ensures that water is directed where is expected. Downspouts take a lot of time to clean meaning that they will end up increasing the overall cost of cleaning your gutters.
All in all, having the gutters properly cleaned ensures that the yard is never flooded, or the foundation or the roof damaged. It also ensures that your gutters do not budge or get destroyed from the weight of debris. Homeowners really do not want to get involved in these kinds of scenarios. The cost of cleaning the gutters is much lower compared to repairing any of the aforementioned possibilities. Ensure to talk to at least four cleaning service providers prior to hiring any of them to help clean your gutters. This way, you can be able to find a trustworthy professional or someone that can be relied on to do a perfect job.
Still really delighted with Gutter Wiz after five years of service - always a totally clean job, on time and on budget. Friendly people, genuine care about the quality of the work.
Thanks for the photos and the quote for the car port , appreciate you doing a thorough job. I look forward to contacting you for future work.
'Second time we've used Gutter Wiz - thrilled with the results. Will be getting them back on an annual basis'
I can honestly tell you I’ve never dealt with a gutter cleaning firm which does this level of checking and advice in addition to the cleaning – thankyou!
Great job Jeff, Our neighbours have already asked for your number, which I will pass on.
Thanks for the great job you did for us today. To leave our property cleaned up as if you had never been is a bonus. We will gladly recommend your company to others who may need the services you offer.